What if I told you that you can boost your credit score by simply paying for services that you already subscribe to like Netflix, Sling TV, Amazon Prime, Philo, and Spotify just to name a few?
It’s true! Thanks to Grow Credit, you now have the option to report your recurring monthly subscription payments to all three of the major credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax, and Transunion. Best of all, for qualified applicants, it doesn’t cost one penny. That’s right! Their basic plan is absolutely free to join and it’s super easy to set up.
Moreover, Grow Credit requires no minimum credit score and no hard inquiry when you apply for an account. The Grow Credit team performs a soft credit check when you apply for identity verification purposes only. Therefore, your application will not negatively affect your current credit score.
Decision Is Not Based On Your Credit Score
Instead of using your credit score, Grow Credit’s underwriting criteria uses a proprietary machine learning model that takes the last 60-90 days of your banking activity into account. When you register for Grow and link your bank account via Plaid, Grow analyzes your accounts to determine which memberships you are eligible for.
Here’s what you’ll need to start your credit-building journey with Grow Credit:
- A bank account where you deposit your income.
- You must have a valid email address and phone number.
- Your social security number.
- Must be a permanent resident of the United States.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
How Does It Work?
Get Set Up With Your Grow Credit Account.
Sign-up is easy! Just apply for a Grow Credit interest-free virtual MasterCard and connect your bank account.
Add Your Subscriptions.
Scroll through their list of over 100 available subscriptions and add your subscription information to your Grow Credit account.
Use Your New Virtual Grow Credit MasterCard As Your Payment Method.
Add your Grow MasterCard number to your new and existing subscription accounts, to be paid on schedule by your new virtual card.
Relax And Watch Your Credit Grow.
Using Grow Credit helps to boost your credit score by demonstrating a positive repayment history to the credit bureaus for the subscription accounts you already have like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Philo, and Spotify.
All without annual fees or the cost of high-interest rates. By providing a line of credit, Grow will help you boost your credit score in several ways:
- Automatically paying your balance in full every month shows a consistent payment history. Which according to ficoscore.com accounts for 35% of your credit score.
- Grow Credit starts the clock on your average length of credit history, which accounts for 15% of your credit score. This might be especially beneficial for people with no credit history.
- Grow adds a line of credit to your credit mix, which accounts for 10% of your overall credit score.
How Much Does It Cost?
Grow Credit currently offers five plans:
- Build $0 (Free Membership Plan). This plan provides a monthly spending limit of $17 to pay exclusively for your subscriptions. This account reports to the credit bureaus as a $204 line of credit or $17 per month distributed over the course of 12 months.
- The Build Secure Plan Costs $1.99 Per Month. – This plan provides a monthly spending limit of $17 to pay exclusively for your subscriptions. This account reports to the credit bureaus as a $204 secured line of credit or $17 per month distributed over the course of 12 months. The Build secured plan offers an alternative for customers who do not yet meet the criteria for the free Build plan. The Build Secured plan requires customers to have an active bank account that is at least 30 days old with a minimum balance of $1 at sign-up. In addition, the Build Secured plan requires a $17 dollar deposit which will be refunded after 12 consecutive on-time payments.
- Grow Membership Plan Costs $4.99 Per Month. – This plan provides a monthly spending limit of $50 to pay exclusively for your subscriptions. This account reports to the credit bureaus as a $600 line of credit or $50 per month distributed over the course of 12 months.
- The Accelerate Membership Plan Costs $9.99 Per Month. – This plan provides a monthly spending limit of $150 to pay exclusively for your subscriptions, including your cell phone bill. This account reports to the credit bureaus as an $1800 line of credit or $150 per month distributed over the course of 12 months.
- Build Student Plan Costs $1 Per Month – This plan is a discounted version of the Build Secured plan and is intended for college students.
No Interest Fees!
Grow Credit charges a monthly membership fee for their secured and premium tier accounts. They do this because those particular accounts are considered to be a higher risk from an underwriting perspective. Remember, they do not charge interest on any Grow Credit accounts. Therefore, charging fees allows them to provide higher monthly transaction limits and widen access to those who would otherwise be ineligible
D.Y.O.R. (Do Your Own Research)
In conclusion, it’s true! You can possibly boost your credit score by using the Grow MasterCard to pay your recurring monthly subscription fees to companies like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Philo, and Spotify.
But, don’t just take my word for it. You should definitely do your own research before signing up for this, or any other products and services. This is not a “one size fits all” solution. Just because this product works for one person, doesn’t mean it’ll work for everyone. This is especially true when dealing with credit scores. Everyone’s credit profile is unique, so the results of using this product will vary based on individual factors.
I suggest you visit ficoscore.com to learn more about how Fico Scores work. In addition, if you’re seeking professional credit advice, visit the pros at Lexington Law for a free consultation. Lastly, reach out to the team at Grow Credit for more information and to see if this product is right for you.
Is Cord-Cutting Dead?
Great Gift Ideas For Under $50
Best Kodi Add-ons And Builds